Bots and Avatars
1 May 2019
I've been running my bot Loubottin for a while now, and I've finally gotten a small start on presenting some of the data it gathers. Ever want to know if:
- Avatars are getting shorter in the last couple years? (not really)
- What's the ratio of male to female avatars in SL? (About 1:2. Think about that.)
- Is average active SL avatar getting older? (definitely)
- Are avatars getting "heavier" to render? (not really)
- Are avatars using more script memory lately? (yup)
Well, guess what? Now instead of speculating about stuff like that, I have actual data. I'm sure it's not going to stop bloggers from having ridiculous unsubstantiated opinions, though.
Did you know over 100 automated avatar accounts (bots) teleport around the Second Life grid on a near continuous basis? Well, they do. Now you can learn a bit more about them.